Setting up the combat area for AI
Based on Tutorial by Kysterama
The combat area is the coordinates that specifiy the area in which the player can go. If they go outside this area (the red stripey no-mans land on the mini-map) then the commander threatens to shoot you for deserting. The combat also specifies the area that navmesh generator will create a navmesh in, which is integral for creating navmeshes.
Combat area is at the bottom of GamePlayObjects.com
- Delete the text to create a new combat area. Save and close.
- Switch back to the Level Editor
- Select the Combat Area tool
RULES: The combat area MUST be placed down in an anti-clockwise direction!
- Right click an area where you want the Combat area to start -
- select 'add control point'
Add the first Control Point
- Now work your way in an anti-clockwise direction around the border of your combat area, right clicking and placing control points for the combat area. it will draw a line from point to point until you come back full circle to the starting point.
- Right click on the first point and confirm to close the combat area
Note: this example is ridiculously small just to demonstrate how to do it. In reality, the Combat area should surround the entire map and every CP.
Place control points like 'connect the dots' in an anti-clockwise direction. When you get back to the first point you placed, it will ask if you want to close the combat area. Click 'Yes'
IMPORTANT: Once the combat area is closed, go to the tweaker bar and checkmark the box, 'UsedByPathFinding'
SAVE YOUR CHANGES!.